SIGN UP INFORMATION: WHAT'S INCLUDED?
- Referee fees PAID FOR in sign-up fee.
- Team jerseys PAID FOR in sign-up fee (additional charges if requested additional ink for back of jersey, badges, logos, upgraded jersey material, etc.).
- 9 games of regular season play (Pending weather and rain make-up date).
- Playoffs included for those teams who qualify. You WILL NOT owe additional ref fees for playoffs!
- Championship game played on ESU turf field, under the lights (Friday, August 3rd @ 7:00 PM)
- Reward to champions
GENERAL LEAGUE RULES:
*****ALL PLAYERS MUST SIGN WAIVER PRIOR TO PARTICIPATING IN THE LEAGUE***** BRING YOUR INSURANCE CARD THE FIRST DAY.
- 10v10 full field soccer (games can be played 11v11 if both squads agree beforehand)
- If both teams have at least 12 players, you must play 11v11 (unless agreed not to on Field C due to a smaller pitch size).
- PIAA Certified referees
- 30 minute halves
- No offsides during regular season (playoff offsides determined by manager's vote (11 total votes))
- Teams must field a minimal of 7 players. If unable to field 7 players, the game will result in a 2-0 forfeit.
- Teams may only field players which have signed a waiver and are on their 18-man roster. Borrowing of players may only occur if the opposing team gives consent. If consent is not given, a team must forfeit 2-0 and then play a friendly game, when borrowing players. You may only borrow enough players to field 10 men/women. You may not borrow extra players to have substitutes. If consent to borrow players is given, captains must bring this to a commissioners attention prior to kick off.
- Only players on team rosters may participate in the playoffs. No exchanging of players may occur post-season.
- You must wear an official 2018 version of the PSL team shirts. This is being enforced to minimize additional players joining on teams.
- Serious red card offenses will be reviewed by league commissioners with possibility of further suspensions. ZERO TOLERANCE FOR INTENTIONAL FOUL PLAY.
- Red cards result in player leaving the game and the team playing down a man. Yellow card result in 10- minute sitting. A red card DOES follow over into the next game. A player who receives a red card must sit the following game out as well.
- Goal differential: In the event of a blowout, teams may only accumulate a maximum of +6/-6 GD per game.
PLAYOFF TIE BREAKERS: A 6-Team Playoff will occur.
1- Goal Differential
3- Goals for
- Single elimination
- In the event of a tie in a playoff game, two 5-minute sudden death halves will be played in overtime. In the event that a goal is not scored, penalty kicks will determine the winner. If darkness becomes an issue, league commissioners or an agreement between coaches may enforce an automatic penalty kick shoot-out, by-passing the two 5-minute overtime periods.
- Red cards DO carry over to the following game in the playoffs.